Spending Time Alone With God in a Quiet Time
Click to view a Quiet Time Guide | Right click and 'Save As' to download
A Quiet Time is a time where we get alone with God; asking Him to speak to us as we read His Word (the Bible), talking with Him about everything in our life through prayer, and reflecting on what He wants us to do.
A Quiet Time is the way you get to know God and is a must if you are going to grow spiritually.
The length of time you spend alone with God is not the issue, but consistency is of the utmost importance. In this guide we’ll show you how to begin with a simple 15 minute Quiet Time and then you can develop your time alone from there.
Joshua 1:8 says that real success in life comes when we spend quality time alone with God and then live out whatever He tells us to do. This success is not about fame and fortune even though God could grant you that as a platform to influence people for Christ. The success talked about in Joshua 1:8 has to do with a quality of life that includes contentment, adventure, joy, peace, etc.
Throughout our lives we are faced with many decisions; all of them impact our lives and some impact our eternity. The most important choice you and I will ever make is
“What will you do with Jesus?"
Jesus makes a profound and true statement in John 14:6.
Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.”
Romans 6:23 says
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.
A – Admit that you have sinned, you can’t save yourself, and you need a Savior
- Romans 3:23 – For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.
- Romans 6:23a - For the wages of sin is death, …
- Ephesians 2:8-9 – God saved you by His grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.
B – Believe Jesus was who He said He was and did what He said He did
- John 14:6 – Jesus told him “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.”
- Romans 10:9 – If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him form the dead, you will be saved.
C – Commit your life to Jesus and trust Him for your salvation